Hi quest ,  welcome  |  sign in  |  registered now  |  need help ?

Ravi K Chandran Interview on Surya's Ezhaam Arivu

Written By Srikanth on Friday 22 July 2011 | 01:23

Ezham Arivu

This is my second film with Murugadoss. He is one of the finest script writers we have in the country. He has an arresting sense of scripting. He thinks a lot before writing anything and there wouldn't be a single change after he finishes writing. All his scripts are taut in his mov...ies. Ezham Arivu is one of the best scripts he has written. It's very unique and something never done before. This movie is of a genre, never attempted in Indian movies. It's a rare film that will fit into all genres; science fiction, period, contemporary. It's an unusual story and I'm really looking forward to watch it on big screen.

Suriya

Suriya is the most humble, down to earth actor. He has no ego and is very confident about himself, without being intimidating to others. When Suriya comes to sets, you will feel good. His speaks a lot and I have never seen such eyes in any actors. I have heard so many actresses go gaga about Suriya in Bollywood. They say he's the most handsome guy Indian cinema has seen. Such is his influence. I need not elaborate upon his acting capabilities; be it in Vaaranam Aayiram or in Gajini or in a commercial movie like Singam. He can slip into any role easily and puts in his sincere efforts to any of his projects. In Ezham Arivu I wanted his bare body shot for a song. He worked for about 15 days to get six-packs and I could shoot the song the way I wanted it. Such is his dedication.

Shruti Hassan

I know her since she was a child. She was a kid during our Marudanayagam days. I did not expect her to grow up so fast and work with me. She is a charming and multi-talented person. She is inclined to music and is educated as well. She tries hard to come out of her father's shadow although she respects him immensely. She is a hard worker and great dancer. I did not know about her dancing skills until I shot a song for Ezham Arivu. I was impressed. Her role in the movie is of greater importance. It's going to be a milestone in her career. What Gajini did to Asin, this movie will do that to her.


Working for Ezham Arivu

Although there are period scenes in the movie, we did not take it in yellow tint as is customary. I do not know why it is a practice. Not that in those days everything was yellow. It's actually unreasonable and you don't have to do that. For instance Brave Heart, the entire movie has natural color and not yellow. So in Ezham Arivu there won't be any difference in lighting in period scenes or regular scenes.

Peter Hein

Peter Hein's stunts are unbelievable in movies like Endhiran and Anniyan. He is a dedicated professional and does all the risky scenes himself. He does even the trial scenes and not let his assistant do it. He is completely into his profession and his energy is very infectious. He is a gifted person.

Songs of Ezham Arivu

This is my first work experience with Harris Jeyaraj although I know him for a long time. He has even scored a Chinese song for the movie and outdid his work for Gajini. I have the songs on my iPhone and play it all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment